VIEW FLOAT DRUM SPEC DETAILS
(opens in a new tab)
Float drums are an essential component of your floating dock. These float drums keep the dock floating. Most important is how well these drums perform (see more on the technical and performance specs in the full description below).
Our float drums come in 19 different sizes from 12″ x 48″ up to 48″ x 120″ with many depth choices depending upon the model you choose.
Drums come in black. BE SURE TO ADD HARDWARE.
When looking at drum sizes, the first number is the width, the second number is the length, and the third number is the height.
- ASTM D1998-06 Falling Dart Impact Test: Validates that virgin grade resin is being used and that the molding process is complete and properly done. When punctured, Ace Roto-Mold Float Drums do not crack or shatter.
- 7-Day Hunt Water Absorption Test: Foam fill will aid in maintaining buoyancy if float becomes damaged. The properly steamed foam creates a tight seal which will prevent waterlogged floats and sinking docks. The void-free foam also supports outer shell walls, adding strength. Ace Roto-Mold Float Drums meet or exceed the test standard of 3 lbs per cubic foot.
- Encasement Wall Thickness Standard: Eliminates weak wall floats with early failure potential and provides an insurance policy against unnecessary repair costs. Ensures floats will hold up to pre and post-install abuse. Ace Roto-Mold Float drums have a nominal wall thickness of 0.150" and a minimum thickness of 0.125".
- Tank Tested Buoyancy Ratings: Calibrated Tank Tested Buoyancy for each model unit is available.
- US Army Corp of Engineers Regulation 33CFR Part 327.30: Ace Roto-Mold Float Drums meet or exceed the US Army Corp of Engineers standards under Regulation 33CFR Part 327.30.
- 15-Year Float Drum Warranty: Ace Roto-Mold offers a 15-Year Float Drum Warranty on all of its manufactured float drums to the original owner.
- Available in White: All floats also available in WHITE upon request for no additional charge.
Please note there will be additional shipping for floats. The UPS estimator does not handle the size of the floats well for shipping. Also note that if ordering more than one, we will need to possibly put them on a pallet. To save money, please feel free to pick up your order.
The sizes listed are the sizes available for purchase. This does not necessarily reflect the sizes we have in stock. We are happy to order from our distributor for you.